Abdominal Sacral Massage
Specialist Massage Therapy
This is a wonderful ancient Mayan massage which nourishes and relaxes the abdomen and lower back. It aims to energise and oxygenate all the tissues within the abdomen, pelvis, and sacrum area. A slow, gentle treatment that helps relieve muscular as well as emotional tension by working on the endocrine and nervous system. It will increase blood flow and nutrients to the organs and tissues in the abdomen as well as working on the abdominal muscles and deeper ligaments. The pelvic area holds all our digestive and reproductive organs which share the same neural pathways. If one of these organs is mis-aligned, it could cause an impingement which will result in a lack of blood to that area including a lack of oxygen and nutrients. This too will have a knock-on effect with the misalignment of all the other organs in that area.
Why have an Abdominal Sacral Massage?
Different massage techniques are used and adapted to meet your own personal requirements. Look at this as your road to relief and/or recovery. At your appointment, a full consultation is done to meet your individual requirements and to ascertain how often you should have a treatment. After the massage, you will also be offered advice, shown some self-help massage techniques to use between appointments as well as ongoing aftercare.
Benefits of an Abdominal Sacral Massage
- Aids in repositioning a displaced uterus and/or bladder
- Assists in regulating menstruation and ovulation
- Relieves painful menstrual cycles and ovulation
- Promotes healthy menstruation
- Reduces abnormal uterine bleeding
- Helps balance hormones
- Alleviates symptoms of PMS, perimenopause, menopause
- Aids in dissolving ovarian cysts and uterine fibroids
- Increases circulation to uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes
- Easing of tightness in the upper abdomen and diaphragm
- Reduces stress and anxieties
- Increases circulation to the digestive system
- Aids indigestion, heartburn, gastro-oesophageal reflux
- May help promote natural fertility
- Aids digestive disturbances and problems like IBS, Crohn’s disease, bloating
Kindly be aware that there are a few instances when you would not be able to receive a treatment or the treatment would have to be adapted.
Please see list below:
- During a heavy bleed and 3 days prior to a menstrual bleed
- If you have a coil fitted
- Within 6 weeks of minor surgery
- Within 1 year of major surgery (or with approval from GP)
- Active infection or STD
Powerful, dynamic bodywork techniques used to create bespoke massage for individual requirements.
Abdominal Sacral Massage
Full Body Massage
- Swedish Massage
- Abdominal Sacral Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Fitness Instructor
Download our full price list for the different massages we offer.
Best Massage Therapy Resources
Subscribe for Free Happy Tummy Resources
Women’s reproductive systems are complex and intricate. In the abdomen, all the muscles including the pelvic floor, organs and connective tissue share the same neural inputs and there are ligaments that connect the sacrum to the uterus. Abdominal sacral massage: Can...
Abdominal sacral massage can give a stressed digestive system the reboot it needs and aid with weight loss. It is a known fact that faecal waste can remain in the colon for months or even years releasing toxins. Abdominal sacral massage: Stimulates the abdominal...
Ever experienced ‘butterflies in your tummy?’ Underlying this sensation is an often-overlooked network of neurons lining our gut that is so extensive some scientists have nicknamed it our “second brain”. A mass of neural tissue, filled with important...
How I Keep Healthy and the Products I Love
Daily Cultures, Deeside Water, SuperU, Songbird Naturals & Tropic are all products that I use.